Friday, October 3, 2008

What a week!

The weather is getting colder and my fear about being inside for the next 6 months is slowly becoming more of my reality. A few nights we were able to get out. The nights we didn't get out during the "witch hour" I was turning into the witch! The boys just couldn't help but touch each other, take each others toys or just being themselves. Oh the fun we are going to have this winter. I will just have to think of more things we can do to keep the witch in me inside!

Last week we received John's interim report. The teacher said he is doing quite well but was marked that he needed to work on knowing his phone number and address. I know John knows this because I'm trying to teach it to James and he keeps giving him the answers. Sometimes though when I haven't asked John in a while it will take him a little while to remember. Not sure why - maybe he is waiting for the "I'll let you play Wii" bribe. Anyways yesterday morning the truth came out. Matt and I were helping him get dressed and he said that he didn't tell his teacher where we lived because he didn't want her to come over. Matt and I couldn't help but laugh at that one. That is Reader Digest material there!

John had a field trip today at Patterson's Fruit Farm. Matt took the day off and was one of the chaperons. They both had a great time. I took the little ones out on a field trip to the store. I was thinking the mall but James said Target. Apparently he was up for a snack and to look at toys. We also hit Gabriel Brothers as I was hoping to maybe find a few long sleeve t-shirts for a good price. I was able to get 3 at various prices that added up to $15. We then went to the Gabriel Bros in Mentor tonight and got him an in-between coat for $13. I am hoping the in-between coat fits in the Spring too. I got him a Size 7 but it almost looks smaller than that.

Today was the first day I was out with the boys at the store without the infant car seat carrier. That meant Patrick had to hold a hand and Mom had to get creative when it came to Patrick & Tommy in the cart at Gabriel Brothers. I ended up putting Patrick in the seat buckled and Tommy in the basket. It worked out pretty good Patrick did well with holding hands when walking to the car. James wanted to see how fun things could get by telling me twice at Target that he had to use the bathroom. It's always fun trying to keep Patrick from touching everything in the public restrooms. We all survived without too much touching.

We have a busy weekend on tap as our church is having an Oktoberfest and Sunday is my nephew, Carter's, 7th birthday party. It's hard to believe in a few weeks we will be "falling back" and changing the clocks. Hopefully Patrick will get off this getting up before the crack of dawn kick before that happens! It is now starting to rub off on James and John! Yuck!

No comments: