Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall is in the air


We had a great weekend. Matt had off Friday and Monday and it was a great family weekend. On Friday we went out to a Nursery in Perry and let the kids pick out pumpkins and a few things to decorate our front porch. We had a great time listening to the Halloween music too! Saturday night we went to the Penitentary Glen for their Halloween party. The price of admission included a very cool train ride. Then we walked around to different buildings where they were showing off animals and we collected stickers which turned into faces for the pumpkins they gave us to decorate. James wanted to stay longer but Tommy was starting to get restless by not moving around himself. We did great without any strollers. It was a bit chilly on Saturday so I was able to keep the kids warm with heavier jackets or extra layers underneath the costumes. I brought gloves in case but we didn't need them - which was a bit of relief so we didn't lose any of them. On Sunday evening my parents came in to town so they could attend Grandparent's Day activities at John and Carter's school. They stayed with us which was great to have the extra help. I asked the boys what was their favorite part about Grandma and PapPap coming and James said playing football and John said the air matress they got to sleep on in Patrick's room! Too funny.

Patrick and now Tommy are having runny noses and I'm sure a bit of a sore throat. Patrick has been up a few nights lately because of it and with the older boys in his room that meant I had to get up with him and let him drain and then put him back to sleep. Last night after I did this Tommy was fussing so I had to sit up with him for a little while too. I'm hoping this will pass soon so I can get some rest. My plan is to go to bed relatively early so tomorrow I can watch The Office.

I can't believe how many leaves are down. The boys are enjoying jumping in them. Unfortunately it is to rain all weekend so I don't know how much jumping will get done!

The first quarter of school ends on Friday. I can't wait to hear from the teacher how John is doing. We have the Parent-Teacher Conference on November 5th or 6th - I better check. Tomorrow is Open House. I'm excited about that but am dreading all the people, dealing with the kids and the warmer coats. Yes, as much as I love the fall I prefer an Indian Summer with no coats!

No comments: