Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kid police and the garbage truck

John has been on "Kid Police" lately. What I mean by this is that he is sticking up for his brothers when I need to do what a parent has to do to ensure their safety. Like last week we went to Target and we purchased a few things. It left me carrying Tommy, a package of diapers, my purse and then Patrick did not want to cooperate when it was time to "walk" to the car so I had to carry him as well. He is so lucky he did not get dropped on his head as he was wiggling the whole time. When I got to the car I gave him a little push to get into the car to which John called me out saying that I pushed him. Why of course I did - it is for his safety otherwise he could get hurt a lot worse! I think later in the day I was saying something under my breath in frustration and he said I was the worst mother in the world! That landed him right in time out. He seems a little better this week of course we have not gone to too many stores because with the super high winds I don't want to go out! I'm sure he enjoys getting away going to school. Although he told me he does not like his teacher because she yells a lot. I told him she needs to discipline the kids who do not behave so he learns what she is teaching.

Speaking of Patrick, he is my garbage truck. I think he loves Tommy most of the time. After all, he likes to feed him his "baby food". However, after Tommy is gone from his chair Patrick is quick to gobble up the leftovers - even the ones that fell in the chair! I have to monitor that he doesn't over stuff Tommy. I'm impressed at how well Tommy eats little table food lately. I think I might try some Stage 3 food with him next.

I'm getting ready for the boys to have their Christmas portraits taken. I got John a dress shirt, khaki pants and tie over the weekend. I also bought James a sweater vest. Tommy is all set - he is going to wear the adorable outfit James wore for his first Christmas. I need to go to the storage unit to see what I have for Patrick to wear. I also have to find khaki pants for James and Patrick too. I have until next Sunday - that is when my brother-in-law will come over. I bought some big fake candy canes for the kids to hold at the Dollar Store. Matt even let me buy a blow up snowman for outside!

Everyone is geared up for Halloween. I think I will take them out to the Pfizer Office in the morning to walk around then get John ready for school and his party. I hope doing that won't screw up Tommy's naps. Then trick-or-treat starts at 6pm. The weather is supposed to be a lot warmer than it has been - thank goodness!

No comments: