Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A look at the future?

Let me start off by saying since the boys have been back in school I have been volunteering with the PTA and in James' class that it feels like I went out and got a part time job. The kids are doing fantastic in school. Tommy had no problems adjusting to all day kindergarten. The only hard adjustment was on my end at homework. It always hectic to make sure they get the attention they need even if they don't want it. So now why I am here. To share a story I can not believe I am even going to tell. On Friday at lunch I think it was Matt noticed someone wrote in pencil on the kitchen wall by where John and James sit. By John's seat it was J K and by James seat it was J J K. The writing was faint but still noticeable. Of course no one knew who wrote it so the chess match then began after he had James erase the writing. Matt would go back and forth with the boys together and individually. No one would admit to it or "remembered" doing it. At one point the boys were upstairs and we heard Tommy say "Ok let's get our story straight". What story?? Either you wrote on the wall or you didn't. Tommy even played spy at the top of the stairs to let the other boys know what was going on downstairs. He has to work on being more quiet in the future if he wants to get away with it. They eventually came back down. John was in tears and said he guesses he did it even though he didn't remember doing it. Everyone seemed ok with this plan except Matt and I. At one point when John was alone with us I assured him I did not think he did it. No one ever fessed up to it so they all were punished with no Xbox. I hope this isn't the sign of what is to come when they are older.

1 comment:

Marcey Walsh, Director Institute for Pattern Literacy LLC said...

Really, this qualifies as a big deal?
Make both clean the wall and maybe mop the floor to boot and call it a day.
Everyone, literally wants to leave a mark and show that they were there.
Maybe suggest writing a song or doing a painting, then put that on the wall! :-)