Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Am I old?

Well on Saturday I was purchasing adult beverages for Matt and I at Giant Eagle. I was happy when the clerk asked to see my I.D. I even thanked her - which made her laugh. Today John was rambling on about basketball and saying that I need to show Dad how to play basketball because he never played when he was younger and that I used to play "back in the old days". I guess that means I'm coming of age like a fine wine that I can now talk about "back in the old days".

Matt and I have the kids colds and Patrick is sneezing a lot. Tommy seems to be much better which is good. I don't have much of a voice so the kids are choosing to ignore me when I ask them to do something or am telling them to stop.

I wish John would stop being petty about certain things - like who is first on the bus or off the bus. Today I made him and the neighbor boy stand on the porch until the bus was coming around the corner because it was raining. When they confirmed with me the bus was coming they both took off and John was using elbows. He was first on the bus. After school he got off the bus, crossed the street and started to cry because he wanted to be first. I told him everyone has to take turns at being first. I can't wait to talk about this with him when it is "back in the old days" for him!

No comments: