Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

I will always remember President's Day weekend being a special time thanks to Tommy. Officially on Wednesday he will be one years old but it was President's Day that he was born. I was going through all the pictures I had printed this past week putting together James and Patrick's scrapbook. The one picture I had printed was taken on February 17 2007. If I you would have told me in one year I would have another baby I would have thought there was no way that was happening. I finished James and Patrick's books last night. I have most of the year in a scrapbook like form where I cut the pictures into different shapes to place them on the pages. Eventually I ran out of space but the book included pages to display 4 x 6 pictures so all of my leftover pictures to round out the year went in there rather than finding paper and taking the time to cut and tape each one. I think the books came out really nice. I hope to find some things from the hospital for Patrick like his ID tag to include in the book. I just realized Patrick was the smallest at birth weight being 7lbs 2oz but at the different stages Tommy is smaller. I'm glad I wrote down their birth weight and height in a book because I forgot! I will have Tommy's pictures printed in the next few weeks and then work on his book.

We had a fun day off. My Aunt Mary came over and went with us to the mall. It was nice to have an extra set of hands. It was also a nice surprise that Lori, Carter and Paige came to the mall and found us at the play area. As Mary was leaving I left Patrick on the potty. When I got back to him he had most of the foamy hand soap all over his head. His socks were wet and the pee shield was in the toilet. I don't want to know how his socks got wet but I think he did turn the faucet on because he could reach with the step stool. I can't wait until we get past the exploratory stage with him.

This past Saturday James was throwing some a tantrum because I wanted him to use the bathroom before he had his morning snack. He refused so he was crying while the other kids ate their snack. Patrick decided it was much too loud. So as he is heavily leaning over the kitchen table he kept his hands over his ears but would take off one hand to take a nibble at his snack. Matt and I laughed because he looked so funny. The camera came out too late to capture this moment.

Tommy gets tired late in the morning especially when he doesn't have a morning nap. Saturday and Sunday while we ate lunch we was making the funniest faces with his eyes closed because I think he was fighting not to sleep. Then when he realized we were laughing at this he continued. I swear he does some things because he knows he is cute.

Last week was so nice to get outside. We got out and took a few walks. I'm excited John wasn't scared about riding his bike on a sidewalk other than the driveway. We definitely need to raise his seat and handle bars. I will be interested to see if he will learn this summer how to ride without training wheels.

The insurance claims for Tommy's hands are just about all processed. We received a few bills so far. I called Metro about the first one from them to see if our account was credited with the co-pays I paid when I took Tommy for treatment. I think they were going to be but now that I made them aware that I'm watching I'm sure we won't end up paying more than we need to. It was nice that the lady who helped me was very understanding and helpful. I have been very impressed with most of the people I have encountered at Metro.

No comments: