Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The latest

We had a bit of the flu bug in our house. John and James had started coughing late last week and they developed fevers. James had his on Saturday and John on Sunday. I kept John home yesterday just to make sure his fever was gone and because it was so called I didn't want to send him out - he still has a cough. He could have went yesterday, but I think he enjoyed staying home more.

I got the boys signed up for baseball, tball and James wanted to play soccer. I'm surprised that James came around but I'm glad he did. I think he will have a big summer blossoming into a little boy. I was thinking this morning I haven't worked at all with him on writing letters. I probably should start to make the effort. I'm starting to practice with Patrick counting to 10 and his alphabet. I think he hears it so much from the Wiggles and Sesame Street that he might know it even though he doesn't annunciate. You can throw James in that category too. He mumbles are address really fast and I make him slow down and say it loud and proud!

I was surfing around this afternoon and WKYC had a poll question - would you give up Facebook for Lent? I don't think I could - like I told Matt that would be like giving up caffiene - a major sacrifice. I think Facebook is the reason I'm still sane this late in the Winter. I have an outlet to see what other people are doing or saying and have a means to interact. I don't normally do it too much when the kids are awake.

I got the official notice from my boss at Pfizer that I won't be retained and will be eligible for a severance package. He told me had I chosen to come back full time I would have been retained. That is certainly nice to hear. I really enjoyed working for that company. It was crazy at times but it was a lot of fun. I think that is the only company I can recall working for that I can say that. CRT was a great company but when I moved to customer service it became a thankless job. The owners of CRT were fabulous but the job was very hard more times than not.

I'm taking Tommy for his one year check up tomorrow. It was supposed to be on Monday but the doctor had to change it. I'm glad because it was super cold on Monday. He is such a pleasant little fellow. He likes to climb up on low to the ground objects or stand on things like Patrick. He does well at taking papers off the table that holds our TV in the living room upstairs. He was up at 5:45 this morning and made it to just before 1pm when I laid him down. In fact he was quite disappointed when we headed towards his room. Apparently he was having fun with Patrick. I had the front door opened waiting for my brother in law to bring over a dresser. I had a beach towel laid out on the floor. They were running all over it knocking into each other and laughing.

It will be a "Cars" Easter at our house this year. Marcs brought in some new toys into their close-out area. I was very happy to see that. They had Cars sandbox toys so I bought the 4 they had. I also got the 3 older boys some Cars cars before they were sold out at Marcs. I also found Cars pajamas and sticker books for John James and Patrick at Aldi's. Tommy will get a Wiggles DVD. I'm thinking instead of giving them a lot of candy which I never really have is to give them Cars jelly treats instead. They eat those things like they are going out of style. That should fill up the baskets plenty!

I ordered Tommy's year of pictures from Shutterfly. So when they arrive I will be working on his scrapbook. I purchased a prepaid plan for $60 or 10 cents a picture. I still have 80 left. I'm not sure what I will use them for but I'm sure something will come up.

No comments: