Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last day of vacation

I can't believe how fast these past two weeks have past. I enjoyed both Matt and John being on break. I think I enjoyed the break from all the school stuff. I sort of regret not going more places with the kids but I didn't really want to deal with the crowds.

I don't think I have ever played so much Wii since we got it back in March. I'm glad I waited because John didn't mind Matt and I playing rather than him. He turned into our coach which has its plus and minuses.

The school sent home a pass for bowling at Freeway Lanes. We didn't have much going on this morning and were looking to do something. They had open bowling pretty much all day. So we ate a little early and packed everyone up. I was thinking we were going to Wickliffe Lanes until Matt pointed out the card said Freeway Lanes which was further down the street. We got shoes for all the boys minus Tommy. We had a pretty good time. Matt did most of the work helping the boys bowl while I worked crowd control for Patrick and Tommy. John and James did pretty good - Patrick was another story as he is just 2 and doesn't like to wait his turn. We all survived and so did the alley. I would like to go again but maybe have Patrick share Matt's turns so he can play without paying for him to play.

New Year's Eve was fun. We told John and James they could stay up as late as they wanted which in turn made me stay up a little later than I wanted. I like it when Matt wakes me up just before Midnight. Luckily ABC had Shrek 2 on so we were entertained until 10pm. James made it until 10:15pm and John 10:45pm. The boys enjoyed the chips and dip.

Tommy's hands are doing fantastic. He only has to were the mitten on the one hand and his palm needs to be wrapped on the other. I take him back next Friday for another checkup.

I decided to sign the boys up to be "Lil Skippers" for the Lake County Captains. For $20 they get into all the home games during the season plus a few other perks. I know they had fun last year and if there are some warm April and May weeknight games we can watch more baseball as the games start at 6:30pm. I will be crazy enough to take them by myself knowing that the more the popcorn the better.

No comments: