Friday, April 4, 2008

Sick Kids :-(

I started and I thought finished this entry yesterday but something happened and it got deleted so here goes again.

John and James are sick. John had a fever most of this week now has just a cough. James is in the fever just getting the cough stage. Patrick keeps drinking and eating their food so its a matter of time before he gets it. Tom seems to be doing ok. He is sneezing a lot but he kind of has since he has been born.

Today was a bit frustrating. John and James were pretty good minus the I don't want to clean up the toys I just dumped mom - you do it. At least they were entertained by 101 Dalmations. Patrick was the boy that almost put me over the edge. He was not into the movie unless I was in the room. Of course it is Friday and I would like to get the house cleaned up for the weekend. So if he wasn't whining when I was cleaning, he was whining when I was feeding Tom. I feel bad - I think I have a guilty Mom complex - I know he needs more attention but when I pick him up he continues to cry and pushes off of me like he wants down then when I go to put him down he becomes dead weight and wants back up. Ughh!!

I talked to my mom today. That was very helpful for a few reasons - 1) to vent 2) to reconfirm I'm not crazy and 3) to share the good news about my cousin who had her first baby early this morning.

The good news - everyone is napping, I got a nap and I also just found a good recipe for dinner next week. Something different but not difficult and the main thing - it contains all the ingredients I like.

John's birthday is Monday. I hope we get to celebrate it on Sunday with family - pending which kid still has a fever. Matt just has to find time to put the "Cars" bike together. I hope he likes it!

I wish I could get this "me" time everyday. It is nice just to surf and not have to worry about anything. I should check my email for my virtual assistant job to see if there is anything I need to respond to. I also found out that things are in process to see if I can go back to my old job part time / time share. I think that would be best. Ideally I would only like to work 2 days a week, but I think I need to work 3 to make it worth while. 2 days would be perfect because I could still feel like a stay at home mom but get out at the same time. The only hard part next is finding someone who is reasonable that can watch the kids and then I will need to see if our friends will be will to shuttle the kids around for school and swim lessons. Chick-fil-a is opening up in Willoughby. I was considering working for them as they have Sunday's off. I hope that window doesn't close before I get an answer from Pfizer. God is taking care of me so far - I have to continue to have faith.

No comments: