Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tis the Season

We are definitely getting into the holiday spirit in our house. More like - the kids are having a blast pouring over each toy catalog that graces our mailbox. I think we are finished with the hustle and bustle for the kids. I went out on Tuesday night after my dentist appointment. I think we have enough to make everyone happy. Of course its always a guessing game until they are older and can tell you exactly what they want. Whether I can afford what they want is another story. Patrick is the best - I ask him to pretend I'm Santa and tell me what you want. His answer is "nothing". Maybe he thinks this means he doesn't have to be good or if I don't have to pretend then maybe I don't have to talk to Santa. Who knows what he is thinking. What is challenging for me with Patrick is that his birthday is on the 7th so I'm trying to make both special. I hope he likes what he is getting.

Tonight after dinner I plan on taking the boys to see Santa. Before you complain about how early is let me ask you what child do you know wants to wait in a long line to see someone they are not sure about. Hopefully everyone will cooperate (Tommy and Patrick) and we get a half way decent picture before they can get off his lap and talk to him. It would be nice if I could score a picture while they are talking to him but I have a feeling my laps will be full.

Lately the kids are misbehaving in the stores. I think they are getting a comfort level because we go there so often. I have two choices - stay away from Target and go to another store or stay home altogether. The latter is going to be tough. Maybe we'll have to figure something else out. Patrick is into walking away from me and Tommy is thinking he'd like to ditch the cart and touch things like everyone else.

Today for some reason everyone was up early so that is making it a challenging day. We are all tired and they have tuned me out. Tommy has ended up in his crib in his time out a few times. I think if this keeps up he will figure out a way to climb out.

A funny story from James last week when I asked him who he played with in school. His answer just the boys. I don't like the girls because they have long hair and can't shoot guns. I said I'm a girl who has long hair and can shoot a gun. Apparently I don't count.

No comments: